Allied World is a long standing market with the expertise needed to understand and underwrite each law firm on its own merits. We offer both admitted (Allied World LPL AssureSM) and surplus lines (Allied World LPL AssureSM E&S) products, so we can service firms whether they fit the box of standard, admitted markets or not. Law firms can transition seamlessly between the two products without losing continuity. Both products feature identical policy wordings on our broad coverage form, value-added services and financial strength.
Two Products: Same Exceptional Coverage, Same Exceptional Service. Firms that don’t fit our admitted LPL Assure product due to practice areas, claims history or excess placements are considered for our LPL Assure E&S surplus lines product. We understand and underwrite each firm on its own merits and have great flexibility to place business with the program that best fits client needs and risk exposure.
- We insure law firms with 3-150 attorneys
- Extended Reporting Period (ERP) options, including Unlimited ERP for additional premium
- Free Retirement ERP after 3 years of continuous coverage
- Broad definition of Legal Services (includes Lobbyist)
- Provisions specifically addressing Network Security and Privacy Wrongful Acts with coverage up to the full limit for no additional premium
- $25,000 Supplemental Privacy Coverage for Crisis Management, Notification & Credit Monitoring and Data Forensics Expenses
- Coverage for Punitive Damages where insurable by law
- 50/50 Consent to Settle Provision
- Disciplinary Proceedings, Lost Earnings and Subpoena Coverage
- Coverage for Predecessor Firms, Independent Contractors and Of Counsel
- Mutual Selection of Defense Available
- Executive Committee Language Available for qualifying firms (via endorsement)