Allied World’s Marine team underwrites a broad spread of internationally sourced cargo business including all types of goods in transit – whether by sea, air or land, plus storage risks. We focus on a diverse range of clients from SMEs to multinationals.
Drawing on extensive market knowledge and technical expertise and working closely with producers, our underwriters are committed to delivering the highest level of service, are flexible in their approach and are empowered to make decisions. Risk management and loss control is core to Allied World’s proactive approach to insurance. It is embedded in our underwriting process and is a key differentiator of our client service offerings. We place great emphasis on understanding our clients’ business and the team will travel regularly with the broker to meet, build and maintain relationships, with our clients.
- Primary or excess layers on risks in the ordinary course of transit
- Comprehensive all risks coverage
- Project Cargo
- Delay In Start Up insurance
- Annual cover, single voyage
- Direct, Facultative, Multinational
We have a broad appetite including:
- Heavy Lift
- Manufactured goods
- Metals and minerals
- Project cargo/Infrastructure business
- Up to US$50M for general cargo and US$50M for project cargo.
- Building long term and reciprocal relationships with our brokers and clients
- Delivering outstanding underwriting expertise, service and responsiveness
- Providing excellent financial security
- Adding value to clients via our risk management capability
- Capacity to lead or follow
- We have industry leading experts in supply chain logistics, security and project cargo
- Our team comes from the cargo industry, enabling us to offer practical risk reduction advice to clients
- Our mariners and logistics experts understand the cargo world, including transportation of high value goods, project cargo and commodities